WHAT IS IBT?
IBT is the product and suppliers’ development arm of Grupo IB, which also has:
- IBSolutions Consulting; and
- IBLogistics, logistics and dispatch.
WHERE WE ARE LOCATED?
Brazil, United States of America and China.
HOW WE GOT HERE
We seek product development other than the market standard
Development of suppliers through trade fairs in Brazil;
2011 - 2015
Development of suppliers through fairs in Brazil and abroad, in addition to government entities;
From 2015 to 2019
Development of partnerships with world-leading suppliers and factory visits;
Focus on demand on specific products and purchase planning together with international suppliers.
OPPORTUNITIES WE HAVE LIVED
Brazilian industry is still very dependent on the foreign market and yet we have one of the most closed countries in the world. This leads to the following current scenario:
- Scarcity of products in the internal market.
- Limitation of suppliers.
- Increased production and delivery times.
- Impact of the variation of the dollar and other international currencies.
- Lack of quality standard.
- Low control and flexibility of the purchasing process.
- Discomfort in the management of indirect imports (purchase of imported products supplied by companies in the domestic market).
KEEP THE BENEFITS OF IMPORT!
Greater control and flexibility in operations
Inventory control throughout the international logistics chain
Development of new products and solutions
Reduction of the minimum quantity required by suppliers
Increased agility and safety in the purchasing operation
BEYOND TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRODUCTS AND SUPPLIERS
Why just buy out there if we can partner?
IBT through databases and direct actions in the source markets seeks:
Develop partnerships with approved suppliers
Sell import project and not just buy
Calibrate quality with external partners and offer solutions in the form of product and services
Develop new solutions, according to the needs of Brazilian importers
Plan international purchases to further reduce logistics and tax costs
WHAT DO WE DO DIFFERENTLY?
We act from the inside out. We enter the importer’s project to understand their needs in terms of:
Particularities of the project in technical terms
Adequacy of the quantity and financial demanded
Adaptation of logistics and financial tools to adapt to the current structure of the company
Need to open structures that are more compatible with the company’s business
In addition, we use tools developed within IBT to ensure the good flow of information, product quality, deadlines and costs.
Access to prices charged in the market, especially direct competitors
Visualization of import cost scenarios with variation of quantity, modal, tax regime, currency and others
Periodic meetings with purchases/PCP for scheduling purchase orders
Validation of samples with sending and receiving for quality calibration and technical specifications
HOW THE OPERATION IS ADVANTAGEOUS FOR SMALL IMPORTERS
Focusing on micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, IBT has developed a model that enables the importation of small batches that in a normal import operation would be impossible to bring positive results. For this, IBT uses the following tools:
- Prospection of products in suppliers already approved over more than a decade of operation.
- Joining demands in the same supplier for greater bargaining power.
- Cost reduction and receipt of costs of sending samples by using the structure of IBLogistics, the logistics arm of Group IB.
- Hitchhiking – inclusion of small batches in the productions and shipments of larger lots.
- Advanced stock – use of stock in Brazil for strategic products with the possibility of small withdrawals by importers.
HOW THE OPERATION OCCURS
We are not a traditional trading. Our development of partnerships with international suppliers has as main objective the cost reduction and for this the operation takes place as follows:
- Meeting of alignment of the importer’s needs.
- Understanding of the product and its technical specifications.
- Projections of cost reduction scenarios.
- Directing the project to the most appropriate supplier.
- Quality calibration by sending and receiving samples.
- Passage of the baton for boarding.
Importing can occur in two ways, including:
- Directly by the importer’s Radar; or
- By radar of companies of group IB.
HOW WE MEASURE THE SUCCESS OF THE OPERATION
The success of the partnership between the Brazilian importer and IBT will be based on the following performance indicators (KPIs):
- Product quality.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Compliance with projected cost reduction.
- Flexibility and predictability of the operation.
MAIN SEGMENTS OF ACTIVITY
Industry insums, equipment and devices.